Friday, August 8, 2008

Half full

Toolman and I were impressed with the changes that we saw in CRB this week.  The most obvious change is the talking.  He talks more and with more words, and usually he wants something that he is trying to obtain by talking about it. The second change is that he now enjoys books more.  Before, books had to have flaps, sound or textures to be at all of interest to him.  Now he enjoys looking for familiar items in books, finding the item, and naming it.  

Wednesday was his last day at preschool this week. He still would not nap but he did actually lay down on his nap mat.  I think bringing his crocheted blanket and Ocean Wonders glow seahorse helped him.  Perhaps next week he will get the hang of napping away from home.

Thursday he spent the day at home with our nanny.  We were all very excited to see her and I was glad he was going to have a break at home, and I was going to have some help.  Later Thursday morning we realized that CRB had developed a cold.  I guess not sleeping, stealing toys that other people had in their mouths, plus eating Goldfish crackers when you are milk intolerant has a downside.

CRB is home sick with me today.  We've had a good time playing with toys and watching Kerri's copy of Toy Story.  He's doing just fine with the toddler bed and I am hoping it will help make him a more flexible sleeper. 

Although I wish he was not sick, I think the positives of preschool outweigh the negatives.  My little boy is growing up so fast.  I wonder how he will change next week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's amazing what can happen in just one week!

lizard queen said...

It is has been so long! I am just catching up! What a darling picture of the 3 of you. That is so cute the politician and CRB at preschool. I can't imagine that anyone would want to nap at pre-school at first. Hopefully he will get the hang of it.