Monday, December 17, 2007

Decisions, decisions

I am not a perfectionist: I don't redo the folding of laundry, and I only re-organize the dishwasher if an item is in danger.

When I get my haircut, I am not worried. I can eat burned toast, and I will drink sweet or unsweet tea, diet or regular coke.

I am decisive. Making decisions doesn't scare me. But why oh why am I unable to finish the nursery. Do you even call it a nursery when the baby is almost 15 months? At a party this weekend, a 4-time new dad said "well we did not paint the nursery this time." Poor, poor CRB! CRB is my only child and I still have not painted CRB's nursery or even chosen a color for it. Some part of this was that I actually liked the color the room was, but more of the reason was the complete paranoia that the pregnancy would not work out.

I think it is time for the room to be painted now, but I am not sure that I can stomach the disruption to his routine that his will cause. Oh, and did I mention that I still like the color the room is now? ;-)

2 comments:

Kerri said...

It totally does not need painting! He has awesome decorations and new color would only detract from those. And besides, before too long he will "accidentally" color the walls with a crayon or pen... and then you will have to paint... so I say just wait.

lizard queen said...

If the walls are painted, then maybe you don't need to do his room till he is a bit older and can choose a theme...let me guess...cars?? ;-)