Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Afternoon with a Harlem Globetrotter

NB: I have been wanting to write the best first birthday ever post, so I have held out posting anything until that happened. I realized tonight that attitude is a "blog killer" for me. In a few months humor me with interest about CRB's "recent" first birthday, okay? For now I must tell you about CRB's afternoon with a Harlem Globetrotter.

Yesterday CRB received a special birthday gift - a cool backpack filled with all sorts of different sports balls. Late this afternoon I got out the bag, and presented CRB with the neat black and red mini basketball. CRB, Colin the yorkie and I had an awesome time rolling and throwing the ball back and forth. Colin is a pretty good soccer player, and CRB has surprising ability with throwing and catching already. But I must say, if you ask CRB, who had the "rad moves" (that's Backyardigan for skill) he'd vote Mom. When I dribbled the ball, he was mesmerized. When it was his turn again, he'd try to dribble, slapping his hand over and over the top of the ball, and then he'd roll it back to me, for more dribbling. Moms can give a good exhibition basketball game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! You are so impressive!!