Sunday, May 27, 2007

Summertime at the Pool

One thing that I always look forward to is summertime at the pool. This summer is turning out fantastic!

CRB and I have made two trips to the pool this week, one Monday and one today. The outdoor pool complex at our university is fabulous! There are plenty of chairs and awesome gigantic umbrellas (20-25 feet or maybe even larger) strategically placed all over.

The kiddie pool has calm fountains and has nice non-slippery bottom. It varies in depth from 6 inches to 1 foot 6 inches. It has a great shape to it and kids of all ages enjoy it.

The big pool has a lazy river around it, special areas for seating in the water, a lap area, a water basketball area, a regular pool area, and then another raised huge tiled area with calm fountains that is about 2 inches deep. Did I mention the water slide?

Perhaps I can take some photos next week. I managed to take a few of CRB but there is no way I will take my eyes off him to photograph anything else.

Today CRB and I ventured into the big pool. He's my child with no fear so he floated with help on his back and body surfed with me on his tummy around and around the lazy river. He loved watching the children jump in, and the guys play water basketball. He never got upset when he was splashed. Monday a little girl poured a cup of water over his head and he laughed. How is this normal? Is he OK?

A lot of our friends and contemporaries, even many of those with a university connection, are members of various country clubs around town. I wondered this spring if we were going to be "missing out" because we are not, but CRB and I are having a tremendous time at the college pool. The facility is tremendous and we are getting to see a lot of people I know (OK most are under 24!) and we are making some really nice new friends too.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I am so glad that you are having so much fun at the pool. It makes me want to join the gym so I can come to the pool too... if only I were going to be around more this summer. :-(