Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back to Reality, and It Wasn't So Bad

I returned to work today after last week's self-proclaimed vacation. I had forgotten that I had cleaned my office before I left so that was a great surprise. I don't understand how I can actually not remember things like that anymore -I was truly taken aback!

Talking to a few co-workers, I mentioned how I had not read my email since May 18th. They looked at me like I was an alien (I do get this look frequently.) R said "There's NO WAY I could do that." K, another co-worker said "I am itching to check mine and it's only been a few hours."

Wow. Not me. I was ok. I had 95 messages waiting for me, probably only 20 of which were something other than solicitation or spam and about 5 of which I needed to respond. Not bad. The time that I picked for my vacation did have the benefit that no "academic emergencies" were likely to occur.

Nanny is coming tomorrow and the next day, so it's my big chance to finish my summer school planning and possibly get ahead.

No comments: