Wednesday, May 30, 2007

And the kitchen sink, too

At some point next week, CRB and I are headed to my parent's timeshare on the Gulf Coast. It is not a glamorous place but we always have loads of fun. Last year the place opened back up mid-summer (after the hurricane repairs) and the crews did a nice job. The pool had not been rebuilt yet.

ToolMan asked to stay home for some guilt-free shop time. As I have vacationed with ToolMan when he'd rather be doing something else, I quickly agreed. One other benefit of him staying home is that Colin can stay home. (Someday I will blog about Colin's horrifying boarding experience.)

I started typing up this list last week just to see what vehicle I will be taking. I am really hoping not to take the diesel Excursion, "the living room on wheels," but each day it looks more likely. For many entries, like swim wear, both CRB and I will need the item.

Beach trip packing list:

  • Brown stroller
  • Beach tent
  • Beach towels
  • Beach toys (sand stuff and floaty boat)
  • Sunblock
  • Sunglasses
  • Swim wear
  • Dreft
  • Dish towels
  • Bottle rack
  • Baby spoons
  • Juice bottles
  • Formula bottles
  • Baby food (veggie, fruit, cheerios, formula, rice)
  • Diapers
  • Swim diapers
  • Wipes
  • Waterproof crib mat to use as a changing area
  • Night light
  • Pillow
  • Bumbo
  • Exersaucer
  • Laptop with media base and charger
  • Backyardigans dvd
  • Camera
  • Camera charger
  • Phone charger
  • Blocks and toys
  • Books
  • Red push car
  • Baby towels
  • Hand soap
  • Baby quilt for playing on floor (big one if can find it)
  • Pack n play
  • Clothes and shoes
  • Hats
  • Kiddie blowup pool (partially inflated)
  • My book
  • Ipod
  • Ipod stereo

If anyone actually makes it to the end of this monster list and has a comment about what is extraneous or what I am forgetting, I'd love to hear from you. I never take a diaper bag in a restaurant, but I always have a ton of stuff in the car!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

You really don't want my suggestions for paring it down. I'm a minimalist when packing. And with each child I got better at it. After all, a vacation shouldn't require so much work! Good luck with all that stuff!

Totallyscrappy said...

I'd say you have a long list, but I'm sure that is just the amount of stuff it takes to get the job, I mean, "vacation," done.
Luckily, I don't remember all the stuff we lugged, but then again, I'm not much of a list maker.
What about some baby tylenol? or First aid stuff?