Friday, May 25, 2007

Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams


Thursday Nanny came again and I did not have to go to work. I played up my celebrity status by staying in the bed guilt-free until a little after 10. It was outrageous.

I helped Nanny with some housework, went to the grocery and picked up lunch for the crowd, retrieved Colin from the groomer, and started a sewing project for CRB. Here is a picture the john-john I made him.

Yesterday was also a BIG day for ToolMan and ToolMan's buddy Wren. Wren's CNC lathe arrived at the house yesterday. I am not sure how many times 18-wheelers have come to our house this year, but our neighbors no longer ask what is happening.

Wren is just finishing his Masters of Mechanical Engineering and has accepted an awesome job in Huntsville. Wren's lathe is going to stay at ToolMan's shop until Wren has a place to house it. Wren and Brandon will be making some parts for Citation Engineering, but Wren is planning to be his own job shop and make a lot of different parts, not just race car stuff, in his spare time. Last night the guys got power to the machine and got it to move in different ways.

Today we took CRB to the doctor for his six month checkup. (Yes, reader(s), I do know that he is eight months, but remember I was working full-time with help only two days a week, so you do the best you can. I assumed he'd get sick, or I would have some question or worry, and we would go in then, but he did not.) CRB got an excellent report. He's in the 75th percentile for height and between the 50-75 percentiles for weight. His ears were clear and she said he is perfectly on-track developmentally - everything a mom wants to hear. He got 5 shots (7 total kinds of vaccinations) and passed his iron level test. Unless we have a problem, he does not need to come back until he is a year old. I cannot believe how he is 8 months already!

Tonight Nanny is coming again to keep CRB while we go to the Bright Star Restaurant with Joe and Sue. Joe is a retired judge now law professor and has just finished a 5,000 mile in 100 hour motorcycle trip that he took with some buddies. I am very excited to hear about his adventures.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Can't wait to see his outfit in person!! I know it's awesome. Hope y'all had a great time tonight with Joe and Sue.