Friday, April 27, 2007

Rough Day at Target

So I needed to make a return from my baby shower in September… The cashier asked if it was on my registry and I replied "I don't think so."

Liar, liar pants on fire! Don't worry I learned my lesson.

After bringing the cashier $19.99 worth of different baby stuff, I was able to continue with my real purpose at Target. The store was out of 4 of the 7 items I went for, and to top it off, when picking up some delicious flavored soda in glass bottles, what do you think happened?

If you guessed: "Umm, one of the four escaped the cardboard surround and shattered at your feet. This made such a loud noise it was hard to tell from where the sound came…" you'd be right.

After leaving the next store (0/2 there, by the way), I noticed a shard of glass was in my leg and actual blood was still escaping. Lovely image, yes.

The highlight of my trip? The drive home, where I amused myself with making cell phone messages to Kerri and ToolMan letting them know of my plight.

Morals of the story: Even if the store has a ridiculous policy, be truthful, even if it costs you $19.99. Even if it technically works out, you WILL incur bad karma, and possibly lose blood.

1 comment:

lizard queen said...

I think I saw one of those yummy bottles of soda in target today. Ouch on the glass in leg!