Thursday, April 26, 2007

Purse Meme - a.k.a Anyone need a pen?

Amberly tagged me for the purse meme earlier today. I am so excited about participating!! Colin the yorkie even helped!

This is my first over-sized purse. I was always one of those small purse people. Well, I finally got tired of having to take my wallet out every time I needed to answer the phone or find my keys. About two months ago I bought this beige purse. I had 15 whole minutes to choose it but I am really happy, even if it is a Jessica Simpson. (Full disclosure on the selection of the purse: I read somewhere that you might possibly look skinnier if you carry a large purse. So forget convenience, that fact alone would probably have been enough.)




The contents of my purse are kind of surprising to me. At the moment, I do not have any student papers in it! Here's the unabridged contents:




I tried to follow Kerri's organization scheme, but anyone that knows me very well knows that was very short-lived.

Top row: Baby amusement: Toot Toot the elephant beanie, some car seat jingles, and CRB's Elmo/Cookie phone. Baby necessity: one used spoon from our dinner out. My essentials: USB key and the knife I purchased with a salesman's help when I told him that I did not want a wimpy knife. That knife really impresses the guys :)

Middle row: Reading glasses (I am only 33!), wallet, sephora hair brush (love it), two #2 pencils, MINI Cooper pen plus 5 other pens, cell, Tylenol sinus medicine for ToolMan, regular Tylenol with with the anti-nausea pill from being preg., & inhaler.

Bottom row: receipts (only 2!!), fortune cookie fortune (The question of life is 'Why?' The answer is 'Why not?'), Kerri's new card, 5 lipstick items, sanitizing gel, pocket mirror, tape measure, keys and more keys (note the huge allen key/hex thing), and membership card keychain.

Whew! Anyone need a pen?

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I think your purse is bigger than Colin! :-) The nice thing about this meme is that we are all cleaning out our purses as a result.

Amberly said...

I'm amazed at what all people carry in their purses! Thanks for playing along!

Totallyscrappy said...

I love your Cookie Monster cell phone!