Sunday, April 22, 2007

Reinforcements

Saturday morning my parents arrived. Just in time too...

CRB is teething. Not that I am an expert or can really see anything, but it appears to me that he may be getting more than one tooth, too. He is understandably really uncomfortable and is letting us know how he feels. Our nerves are shot. Thank goodness for the grandparents.

My mom spent the whole weekend trying to think of things that she could do to help me. To illustrate how much she tried and how much she did, at one point this morning when I was washing Colin the yorkie, she said "I know, I can get him brushed out and dry while you do something else." That pretty much summed up what she did: everything she could think of ...

My dad loves a challenge so CRB being difficult did not phase him a bit. Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening he had CRB in full belly laughs no matter how much his mouth hurt.

My parents left late this morning and Toolman took the two of us to lunch at my favorite campus eatery. CRB slept the whole time. I said "This is the best lunch ever!" and Toolman just laughed.

This afternoon CRB and I spent some time at a neighbor's house. Our neighbor has a 1.5 year old little girl. CRB had a great time playing, and I realized once again, what an easy baby CRB can be. We just need to keep up the distraction.

No comments: