Monday, April 23, 2007

My (lack of) Cultural Enrichment

So today is Monday, a day when I prepare for my Tuesday classes. Today I am part SAHM and part university employee, doing both with some level of success. At the moment, I am at home reading Lawrence Lessig articles. Lessig is one of the great thinkers of today. He's a law professor, writer, & columnist. This week, my ethics students are tasked with reading an article of his, writing a summary/critique, and presenting their topics in class. In order to be prepared, I am reading each of the articles and writing a few notes about each as my memory no longer serves me in the way it used to serve me pre-CRB. Nine down, twenty-one to go.

In order to get this done, I am employing some distraction techniques. We got 40 minutes out of the jungle mat. I know it was 40 minutes as he tolerated 2 cycles of rainforest music. Now CRB is in the jumperoo, and I have turned on the television.
CRB is a big Backyardigans fan but so that I don't have to man the remote (we have 18 episodes tivoed), and so that it will be “fresh” later during his “sun downing” time, we are watching Live TV. We missed the Wonder Pets, but Dora is playing doctor and we have counted the booboos on the alligator and applied 7 or siete bandages. Perhaps she will get to number 11 one day, so that I can order lunch at Jalapeno’s.

No comments: