Thursday, March 29, 2007

Unexpected Sadness

Tonight I was heading into the grocery store and I saw this older lady helping her mom get into a car.

Seeing their interaction reminded me of my mom and grandmother. My grandmother passed away 2 weeks ago yesterday. She was almost 93 and had a long, healthy life. She was a strong Christian which makes some aspects of this easier. We had a super relationship.

I have been doing just fine with it, but what I saw caught me off guard.

I miss her.

I miss her for my mom.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather 10 years ago tomorrow. There are still times that I really miss him and sometimes I tear up just wishing he could see my kids. I am not sure that feeling from time to time will ever go away.

Mandalyn said...

I'm so sorry! It's so hard when you lose a special part of your family. You and your family will be in my prayers!

God Bless You!