Monday, April 2, 2007

Lists

I seem to be in a perpetual state of hurry.

Why then, when I compose a mid-morning "To Do" list do I write down the things that I have already done just so that I can check them off?

This is absurd. I wrote down 5 items so that I could cross them out. Now I mostly have a "Done" list, where I have only completed the easy items. Strangely, I still have a feeling of accomplishment.

I have never been a big list maker. After CRB was born, I started making lists and I would write down completed items too so that I would *actually* be able to remember that I did them. You know, in the sleep-deprived fog I could take a quick glance so that I would not have to worry that I was forgetting stuff.

1 comment:

Heather Hartwig said...

Writing down the stuff you've already finished is the best part of to-do lists. I do that all of the time.