Friday, March 23, 2007

To the playground we go


March 20, 2003 - First day of the war with Iraq, first trip to the R.E.

Though my battle had no guided-missiles, there were losses (an ended adoption because I was pregnant followed by the miscarriage of a 16 week baby, March 31, 2004), and much fighting (many drugs, many cycles). At times I have questioned our involvement. We (I, my husband, my R.E. and his nurse, my BFF, my O.B., modern science) won.

Tuesday I got to take CRB and Colin to the neighborhood playground.

I have passed this playground every trip to and from my house for 4 years. I have wondered many times, will I ever get to go? There was no way I was going without baby so that meant I was not going.

CRB exhibits lots of thrill-seeking behavior, so I was pretty sure he was going to enjoy the swing. I was so glad that we were alone, as I did not want any other mom's "well-meaning" analysis of whether CRB was too young for the swing.

As it was a spur of the moment thing, I only have photos from the next day.
Here's one.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

What a sweet post! I'm so glad you are able to finally experience motherhood. Isn't it wonderful?

Kerri said...

He is such a sweet and happy little boy. He is lucky to have a family who loves him so much and I know you feel lucky to have him as well.

lizard queen said...

looks like a rocker to me. Way cute!