Thursday, March 22, 2007

Achtung Baby - rather loudly

--
"So you gave birth to classic rock baby?" asked my husband.
--

Does your not quite six month old have a favorite song? Is the song different from his favorite music video?

You see about six months ago I gave birth to classic rock baby (CRB).

CRB was born to parents with little to no music ability but a great love for all things rock and roll. Although I think we are Kool with a capital K, our music is now termed "classic" rock.

The music to which you listen when you are pregnant may influence your baby's music tastes. I am really glad that I did not play a lot of Drop It While Its Hot. Bono is a much better role model than Snoop Dog.

CRB's favorite song: Beautiful Day. Any crying or fussing is calmed within 2-3 seconds. I think the heartbeat rhythm is responsible for some of the effect, but the heartbeat womb bear scores a big zero with CRB.

CRB's favorite video: Sunday Bloody Sunday - Live from Red Rocks. All the mist, all the marching.

CRB also enjoys most VH1 Behind the Music Segments, with a notable favorite of the Who.

He does have some age appropriate interests, but those are for another time.

2 comments:

lizard queen said...

Hey there,

The twins will be CRB's as well. Nothing but 60's and 70's rock for me. The Doors being my favorite. I like 80's rock, too.

Welcome to blogging!

Amberly said...

Hey! Guess where I found your blog! :-)