Monday, August 4, 2008

The Politician

CRB started preschool today.  Yesterday afternoon was preschool open house.  We all enjoyed meeting his teachers and several of his classmates and their parents.

It turns out that CRB will be the oldest in the class, and I could not be more thrilled about that. Also of great relief was the fact that he did not come across as a stereotypical shy only child. Instead, he was exceptionally outgoing to both the children and adults.  This morning when I dropped him off, he greeted everyone with big smiles and babbling.  Later, when I pick him up it will be telling, but I expect that he will have had a good time today.

Yesterday, at the end of the open house while dad was in line with the notary, we made some laps of the hall and rooms.  One lady, from a baby room where I had never taken CRB, called us in her room and said "That's Will,  during church nursery today we decided that he is going to be a politician.  He really enjoys meeting and seeing people, more than any child I can think of." 

So faithful readers, weren't we thinking he'd have a stint as a Wal-Mart greeter at some point?

If he does end up in politics it seems to me that he may be into wealth re-allocation. But at this point, at least he smiles at you while he tries to steal your toys. 

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Aww... let's not corrupt him with local politics just yet. :-) But I am so glad to hear that it went so well... I'm sure he is going to love it. Sorry he didn't take his nap today but there are much much worse things... like him hating it, or the kids hating him or something like that. He can sleep another day. :-)