Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Desperately Seeking... Help!

A few weeks ago, a harsh reality set in for me.  I had been thinking that as soon as the semester was over and I was rid of the firm time commitments that I was going to have all this free time to do stuff.  The reality for me seems to be that when you aspire to do less, trading it in for that hypothetical "all the stuff that I have been waiting to do", nothing really happens.

Where's this post going?  To tell you that I have joined a fitness center for all the wrong reasons. Getting in shape? That would be ok. Losing weight? Well, that would be a nice side benefit.  No, I joined our local fitness center for the childcare.  Without a schedule, I can go and do something for me without calling a babysitter or pleading with Toolman for help.

2 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing alongside you!!

lizard queen said...

just catching up, Leslie.

You are a genius! great idea!