Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Play Food

CRB is still having a lot of fun with the play kitchen. Play food seems to be very important to his play. When we purchased the first kitchen, I bought a set of Fiesta food. ToolMan and I thought CRB would have a better chance at recognizing Mexican food rather than the standard American cuisine since we eat Mexican food like it is standard cuisine. The Fiesta set was really cheap in many ways but it was a big hit and that fact now has me spending an inordinate amount of time looking at more play food.

Haba (a German company) makes some wood food that is pretty neat. I like the fact that I can be assured that it is lead free since CRB is not a picky eater and that tendency passes even to play food. My only concern is the small size of the items.

Elves and Angels sells some neat food and the average size seems larger than Haba's.

As an etsy lover, there is so much play food to crave:

Last week we received the Step2 play food assortment which I am viewing as temporary food. Some of it is really neat and CRB even said "Peas!"and handed me the plastic green peas which look a lot like his favorite steamed peas, I'll admit.

I want to craft some felt food this weekend. Even if he will be able to recognize the plastic stuff and won't give my felt endeavors a second glance, I am determined to try. It's going to be tough to compete with realistic plastic food, not to mention the real marshmallows and snapeas we use.

Hold me to it readers.

No comments: