Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blondes Have More Fun - CONFIRMED

Friday after our cookout lunch on the deck, ToolMan called his hairdresser Amanda to see what could be done about my hair as it was still a violent violet. Amanda checked with my (former) hairdresser and said that it should tone down some, but that if I wanted, she would be happy to take a shot at improving it. Her first opening was Tuesday, or I could come in right now and the former said she could put an orange rinse on it to help tone it down for the weekend. I waited until Tuesday ;-)

I was pretty nervous about the whole thing. Amanda checked my hair and said that it was in excellent condition so we had a two options: darker or lighter. She said that normally she would not feel good about highlighting the purple hair but she was willing to give it a go since mine was in good shape.

Once she was finished I have to admit I was absolutely shocked by the results. Yes, I was WAY MORE blonde than I intended but my hair looked good (and not just because it was almost devoid of the purple.) I actually scheduled a touch up and cut for 7 weeks. Could I become someone who cares about her hair? With Amanda at the helm, maybe so.

I am also considering scheduling CRB an appointment for a haircut with Amanda if that tells you anything :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love finding someone who cares about me and my hair. I'm going blonde again on Saturday and I can't wait!!!

Jeff keeps stealing my finds too!! He's so funny with his hair. I think he spends more time on his than I do on mine.

Glad all your purple is gone!!!

Totallyscrappy said...

I guess the saying wouldn't sound the same about violet headed women, anyway.
You go, girl!