Sunday, March 2, 2008

Looking for Rupees

Today, in continued celebration of the coming spring, we spent some time getting our deck in better shape. Pre-CRB this would have meant that we pressure washed it, sealed the deck, planted flowers in all the pots, and fixed a lovely gourmet meal on the deck, all in about half a day. Since we are in the CRB era, all we managed to do was get all the leaves off the deck and move some stuff around.

My deck has become the final resting place for many pots and planters. Today CRB had the best time using the terra cotta pots as "stacking cups." I work hard at not hovering over my only son, trying to give him space to explore and the confidence to try things on his own. This approach does have its downside, in the sense that he will have a few more scrapes, pinched fingers, and phenomenally dirty clothes. Today it also meant that we had a deck that needed to be re-swept and blown off.

I am pretty sure that next week, I won't be thinking about the extra laundry and broken terra cotta, but the memories of CRB playing with the pots, enjoying the feel of dirt, and the magic of rocks.

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

Just laughing at all you got done in half a day before the kid came along. I feel the same and my boys are a big bit older, but we still get so much less done now. :)