Friday, March 21, 2008

Hello, Violet Speaking.

  • Johnson's Bedtime Bath
  • The Color Purple
  • Prince's album Purple Rain
  • Strawberry Shortcake's friend Raspberry Tart
  • My hair

I decided to use some spring break time to get my hair highlighted. I was very clear that I wanted Jennifer Aniston highlights which would in no way be mistaken for ashy beach blonde. I ended up with neither. Apparently my hair dresser was going for some sort of honey pearl effect and what she mixed ended up tinting my hair purple. It's very nicely "spaced", but it is purple. She did do another process to counteract the purple and that helped, but nonetheless, my hair is purple. This happened Tuesday and I waited as long as I could stand to wash it.

Washing it has made it worse... I am glad that I have perspective that this is not a huge life problem but it is still not pleasant and was *actually* expensive and time-consuming (I was there for 3 hours and 40 minutes...)

She said any of the remaining violet color would be gone within a week, but she also had said that 2nd process she put me through would fix it.

Do I believe her? Is my hair going to get more purple each time I wash it? What would you do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...oh my goodness.

I've always wanted purple hair, but I don't think that's the route I would have taken to get it. I'm so sorry!! She shouldn't have made you pay a dime for that or the "fixes"

Totallyscrappy said...

I would ask for a refund and find someone else to "fix" it.
I tried to highlight my own hair a few years back. I wound up looking like the cat peed on my head, but I did find someone to fix it.
In the meantime I think you should dress as "spunkily" as you can and work those purple stripes. OR get a hat.