Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rocks at the playground

Yesterday evening I took CRB to the neighborhood playground to see if he was interested in trying to do the slide. The playground is really neat, with two separate play structures, one for toddlers and one for bigger kids. He was keen on the slide, but the slide was a distant second to the rocks. Rocks are fascinating and come in all different sizes. Certain 10 month old boys are quite interested in how they feel... and taste. It is not possible to remove all the rocks from the playground equipment, don't even bother trying. I am just glad that I was being very attentive. We won't be going back for several months to a couple of years.

Later that night, sitting down to supper at the new Mexican restaurant that opened close to our house, I was relieved to see all the men and women wearing their hospital badges. Doctors and nurses galore! At least, if something went wrong, I might not be sticking my finger down his throat to remove something else. I feel pretty prepared after the 3 hour infant/child CPR class that ToolMan and I took late last summer, but having some backup made me more able to relax.

2 comments:

Heather Hartwig said...

Don't worry he will stop eating rocks before you know it, such a fun stage huh?

Totallyscrappy said...

My oldest doesn't eat the rocks, but spent most of his recess time his kindergarten year "picking me rocks." Some mommas get flowers, this momma got rocks. I have them displayed in bowls around the house. :)