Saturday, June 9, 2007

Photo Hunters: Shoes


Kerri and I have a thing for flip flops (I actually have a thing for all kinds of shoes, but since Kerri did flip flops I will too!)

Last summer, from July on, I spent my life in flip flops as that was the only kind of shoe I could manage to get on my shockingly swelled feet. By August my feet swelled so much I had to actually buy some flip flops in a larger size (8 when I wear a 6 now.) I bought that weird green pair (center) and the brown Reef shells pair. As I am quite particular about shoes, it was pretty strange to have 2 pairs available, and I never came up with much very cute to wear with the green.

At one point my feet swelled up so much I could not even get the size 8s on and so I had to go to my doctor's appointment bare footed, but I carried my flip flops with me, so people would think that I merely lacked good judgment as opposed to being trashy & overly-pregnant.

Last year I swore that I would not wear any flip flops this year. My resolve against flip flops lasted until March.

FAQ:
  • best overall flip-flop: Keen

  • super-comfy: Keen & pink and orange Crocs

  • most disappointing flip-flop: old navy cheapo pinks

  • did not hold up as I would have liked: Teva criss-cross

  • wearable most anywhere: Keen and brown Cobian

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! I did not know that you had more flip flops than me. I need to work on that. :-)

-tnchick- said...

Love flip flops - can't ever have too many! =)