Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

For the first time, our Nanny came on a day in which I did not have to go to work.

It was my day to accomplish anything, and everything. After today, I completely see how celebrities can have it all. I felt like one today. I am sure Robin Leach was lurking somewhere.

As Nanny walked through the door this morning, I walked out it to weed the front plant beds. After I finished, I came back in to pick CRB out of his crib. He'd just woken up and I changed his diaper and we played a few minutes.

Next I headed out to the W-M & Brown's Nursery to get a strawberry jar for one of our friends who was diagnosed last week with pancreatic cancer. The plants I found were not the greatest, but the strawberry jar turned out okay. At home again, I got it planted and wrote a note to her. Once again, I left the house to deliver the plant, note, and new squeaky toy for their dog. They were at the hospital still, so I made my goal of a doorstep surprise for when she gets home from the scan.

Arriving home again, I was in time for CRB to be up from his nap. I love being the one to get him up. He wakes up so happy!

I had a truly fabulous day. Although I drove around a bunch, I was able to get something done that I otherwise would have had no chance of accomplishing. I got to spend some time with my son, but I knew he was having a good time and well-taken care of when I was gone. I am going to let Nanny go an hour early so she can have some extra time today, too.

Nanny comes again Thursday. Our Nanny gets a slim retirement, so other than that, we are her sole source of support. After the semester ended, ToolMan and I did not even discuss anything but Nanny continuing to come. What she does is priceless. I can't wait to see what I can do Thursday!

1 comment:

lizard queen said...

Now THAT sounds fabulous.