Sunday, May 6, 2007

I’m Gonna Crawl

I thought that he was going to perhaps skip crawling altogether but I guess children will always surprise their mothers…

This afternoon, CRB managed coordinated hand, knee, head movements, and he moved forward on the floor in order to get his toy school bus. Moments later he did the same thing to get his stacking toy. ToolMan and I have not counted his crawling movements in his bed, so for us, this is his first, purposeful crawling.

I have to say though - he's much more interested in standing. No one would believe, unless you have seen it, the intensity with which he will try to use the jungle activity mat as monkey bars in order to attempt to pull himself up. CRB is a big baby, always has been. People in our football-obsessed town actually comment about how he's "going to help" the team one day.

I promise to post photos soon. Right now he is taking his third(!!) nap of the day, and I am trying to hold off tears that he is growing up so entirely fast. I think I am beginning to understand why people have more than one child. Could this be something to consider? Coming from an only, married to an only, the poor only child argument won't work on us. ToolMan says "No", but I say (a big, firm, tear-filled) "MAYBE", but not anytime soon and not without a lot more consideration, and not without the painful realization that even if we want another, it might not happen.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

WOW!!! This is so awesome!!! I knew that he looked like he wanted to crawl last night but I'm so glad he did it. He'll probably be walking by the time I get back from Atlanta. :-)

Totallyscrappy said...

It is so "bittersweet" when they make those milestones, isn't it? :)