Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Confusing the Nielsen Profile

My two favorite shows are House and Lost, but here is a list of shows that I enjoy that you might not guess.

  1. Pimp My Ride – I love this show. My favorite part is the first 15 minutes where the crappy vehicle is shown and the outrageous plan is announced. If I could change my cell phone ring to the theme…
  2. Survivorman – In each episode, some dude named Les survives in a different remote part of the world and films his adventures.
  3. Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain – My Sunday night staple. Dave covers all forms of racing, and has a lot of interesting guests.
  4. Barrett-Jackson auctions – I have no idea how classic and rare cars are valued, so I find this fascinating, mostly because I have no idea what is happening.
  5. Are You Being Served? – 1970's English comedy at its finest
  6. Top Gear – more British comedy this time disguised as a car show. My favorite episodes are 1) when Jeremy Clarkson drives the length of England and back on one tank of gas using fuel saving techniques & 2) when Richard and James spend the day in a SMART car.
  7. Everybody Hates Chris – I have missed a lot of this season but I find Chris Rock very funny.
  8. Match Game – The 70's game show with Richard Dawson, Brett Sommers, and Charles Nelson Riley. It's like having a dysfunctional dinner party without the clean up.
  9. neat – It's a Canadian show that is a half hour version of Clean Sweep, except the show host Helen does not muster much sympathy for pack rat people. Every time I watch it, I radically clean some area of my house. Dangerous for getting dressed but good for Goodwill.
  10. Mythbusters – fascinating, humorous, and one of the best shows on television.

I am not sure that my list was as revealing as when I heard that Anderson Cooper winds down to My Super Sweet 16 but hopefully you found it entertaining. Be sure to leave a comment if you have a show I need to check out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear that they are bringing Top Gear to America. I hope they do that and let Clarkson drive a jet car like the other host.

Kerri said...

I am personally surprised that I only watch #4 from that list. I love old cars and while I have no idea how they are valued I find it totally fascinating as well.