Thursday, April 5, 2007

Two weeks

So much of my married life has been spent in the 2ww (two week wait). If you don't know about the 2 week wait, it is the time between ovulation - or for those more involved, egg retrieval -and a potential, confirmable pregnancy. It's amazing 1) how long 14 days can seem and 2) how much of your life can slip by in two week increments.

Right now, the two weeks that I think of is that's how long Kerri and I have been blogging. We conceived of this idea as something we could do together and share. It's been a lot of fun. Last night on the phone I called her a "gunner" because she had already prepared her blog for today, plus she has one in the draft bank. Gunner is a term we had in law school for people who liked to raise their hand every time to answer questions.

To her I meant this as an endearment - I am so glad that we can do this "together" since our schedules and commitments make doing stuff harder now. It's been a fun 2w.

2 comments:

lizard queen said...

Wishing you a BFP!!!

Char said...

I just happened accross your blog. Boy do I know that 2ww. It's torment, torture, terrible! It's sometimes so reassuring to find others "out there" who have been there, done that. I'm so glad your waiting waiting waiting paid off and that you now have a beautiful baby boy to love. My husband and I are struggling right now. But, it helps to know there's light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it's just a train passing through. Thanks!
*** www.babeless.blogspot.com ***