Saturday, April 7, 2007

Murray*


*Name has been changed to protect the innocent :)

One weekend afternoon a few weeks ago, Colin, CRB and I were taking a walk through the neighborhood. We came upon Murray and her mom.

Murray shouted from across the street "I love your baby! I like your doggie!" We headed across to meet them and Murray said "I want a baby boy." Murray is about 6 years old. It's clear to me after just 5 seconds that Murray is a really cool little person.

I said "I really wanted a baby boy, too. One day maybe you will have your very own to love, too."

At this point Murray's mom speaks up and says "Are the older girls at home?"

Bewildered I say "No CRB's only sibling is the dog..."

"Oh, okay ..." said Murray's mom.

Suddenly I realize Murray's mom thinks I am one of those people who (get) wish for either a boy or a girl.
So although I consider myself an open person I did not say any more. Now Murray's mom thinks I wanted a baby boy. I guess that's ok.

I did not try to tell her that all I wanted was a baby.

Boy or girl... whatever... Cute or ugly ... well I lucked out on that... Smart or just average... again lucky. All I ever wished for was the baby to make it here.

I hope all Murray's wishes come true.

Here's a photo of CRB after yesterday's chilly walk. We did not see Murray or her mom.

No comments: