Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Neighbors Are Crazy

I guess one of the perks of living in a nice neighborhood is the fact that your neighbors buy and throw out a lot of nice stuff. Yesterday, we may have gotten what will be our best find ever, but before I show it to you, here are some of our other finds.

One very used basketball goal. It needed a new net which I got for $1.76 at W-M. I know that the net is huge but CRB thinks it is just great.



Next up, a very used Big Wheel. CRB carried this home himself when he was about 14 months. That should tell you how determined he was.



Yesterday's first find: some very cute ride ons, sized perfectly for toddlers:



And now, the holy grail of all neighbor trash finds. A Kettler trike. No kidding. Sitting on the trash can out at the curb on trash day. The handlebars were 30 degrees cocked, but after 15 seconds of Toolman and a wrench we have this:



This one is missing the oh so awesome pushbar, the sand bucket, as well as the seatbelt. My guess is our neighbors just did not install the accessories... We have a similar trike, (not as nice but with the pushbar, seatbelt and sand bucket) so I am going to find a good home for this one. Who would throw this out? To me a $189 trike is not a disposable item... like those other things I picked up!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Hey, I want to come live in your neighborhood! That's insane! Just proves the saying that one man's trash is another man's treasure!

Totallyscrappy said...

I need to move. ;)