Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mother Teresa and Mary Poppins

Wow what a crazy week! I truly cannot keep up the pace that I managed to maintain this week.

Monday late, ToolMan got sick. This man is NEVER sick, but he went to the faculty free clinic and it turns out he has an ear infection. He got a shot and 3 kinds of medicine.

Tuesday was a teaching day and my web programming class had an unexpectedly hard time with their XML files. That's alot of people having simultaneous problems in lab. Later that day, my ethics class discussed one of the Microsoft v. US cases (which does not make for fun reading or interesting class discussion ... shh don't tell anyone, we tried anyway.)

Once again, I do not know how I could handle life without our part-time Nanny. Wednesday morning CRB was almost as glad to see her as I was.

Wednesday I worked from about 9:30 am until 6:40 pm then from 7 pm until a little after midnight. CRB spent the evening in the shop with ToolMan and was still awake at midnight. CRB is a very easy baby and normally keeps a 930-7 schedule. But at midnight, he apparently missed me because we had to coo, laugh and roll around until about 1 am while watching tivoed Mythbusters. It truly was a lot of fun, regardless of how tired we were. You know at some point, you just cannot be any more tired (unless you pass out...)

Somehow I was able to leave for work this morning at 7:20 am and I arrived home about 3:45 pm. I am not sure that I managed to do any "extraordinary" teaching (more Microsoft v. US)but the day went ok.

After several days of this one would think my house would be in ruin, CRB would be upset, the dog would be irrate, etc. But no...

Well, Nanny is completely amazing. My house is spotless, I swear she organized some closets and drawers today, and CRB and Colin were in great moods. I definitely think she is related to both Mother Teresa and Mary Poppins.

I think I have managed to get enough stuff done so that tomorrow I can just email, grade, and create some assignments during naptime and Backyardigans.

1 comment:

lizard queen said...

Does Nanny have a twin sister? I am dreaming of a nanny like that. However with 2 babies to care for, I don't know if she would get around to the closet organizing, but I will take whatever I can get!
CRB is precious!