Sunday, March 25, 2007

Scarlet Begonias

After Sunday lunch with the airport guys, we managed to stop by the home improvement store for some annuals. For $15.26, I purchased some lamb's ear, dianthus, snapdragons, white begonias, and one other plant with variegated leaves.

The plants that I am most excited about are the white begonias. Many years ago, my mother-in-law bought me two beautiful tulip-shaped concrete planters. I really like them, but I have problems finding plants that will grow as the planters are shallow. Perhaps begonias will work in them.

Toolman and the Backyardigans kept CRB busy while I got all the plants planted. At the moment, it really does not look like I have enough plants but I am hoping that the plants will fill-in as they grow. The markers specify some spacing requirements for healthy growth but some of the plants look a little bit lonely. Perhaps Tuesday, when I stop by Brown's Nursery for some impatients for the strawberry jar, I should purchase a few extra.

If you are not familiar with today's tune, check out the lyrics here.

No comments: